Vaseline is one of the most versatile, best-kept secrets in the beauty industry and has been for years.
There are several ways vaseline can be used in a beauty routine. I’m sure most women have heard about the most common tips and tricks when it comes to using vaseline.
You can use vaseline as a moisturizer, lip treatment, rash treatment, and many other ways.
But did you know that you can also use vaseline to remove unwanted hair?
Yep! That’s right.
You can effectively remove unwanted hair from the comfort of your own home by using ingredients you probably already have!
Real quick side note, I’m just going to quickly recommend this Blue Light Therapy Pen for Varicose Veins & Spider Veins to all of you. It completely changed the way I feel about myself and I can honestly say it has changed my life. And it’s a total bargain! Thank me later xx
How To Remove Unwanted Hair Using Vaseline
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 Tablespoon of gram flour
- ½ Tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 3 Tablespoons of raw milk
- ½ Tablespoon of Vaseline
Caution: It is advised that if you have any sort of skin condition (i.e, varicose veins, spider veins, acne) then you should avoid doing this on the affected area of the skin. It is advised that you fix the skin condition first with an affordable life hack product like this one.
This Is What You’ll Need To Do
- Mix the ingredients in a mixing bowl. The consistency of the mixture should be smooth (It shouldn’t be too thick or too runny).
- Apply the mixture directly to the skin in the direction of hair growth. (For example: If you’re wanting to remove unwanted leg hair and your hair grows downwards in that area, apply the mixture in a downward direction).
- Wait approximately 10-15 minutes for the paste to dry completely.
- Once the paste is dry, remove the paste pulling in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Repeat steps 1-4 on other areas of the body to remove unwanted hair.
For the best results, it is recommended that you repeat this process daily.
The ingredients used in this mixture are very gentle on the skin and 100% safe for daily use.
The Benefits of Using Vaseline for Hair Removal
This DIY hair removal remedy works similarly to waxing by removing the hair from the follicle.
This is an excellent natural way to remove hair if you’re sensitive to wax, which can be harsh on the skin.
Not even only that, but there are some amazing benefits you can get from using this DIY at-home hair removal treatment.
The vaseline in this mixture will be beneficial in making sure your skin stays moisturized.
Vaseline also has healing properties, meaning it helps to heal and prevent skin injuries that can happen in the process of hair removal.
Vaseline is also very affordable. This is the perfect option for those who want to remove unwanted hair but don’t have the money to spend on expensive treatments.
Not only does Vaseline offer amazing benefits, but turmeric powder is a powerful ingredient with antioxidant properties that helps to reduce inflammation and hyper-pigmentation.
The Downside of This DIY Hair Removal Treatment
Although this is an amazing DIY hair removal treatment that anyone can do at home, there are a few downsides to using this method:
- It can be more difficult than waxing to cover larger areas.
- It may not be as effective as waxing to ensure all of the hair is removed in the covered area.
- If using this method daily, it can become time-consuming and inconvenient.
- Having to wait 10-15 minutes for the paste to dry before removing the hair can also be time-consuming, especially if you want to remove hair in many areas of the body.
This DIY treatment is very natural, gentle, effective, and worth a try if other hair removal methods aren’t working for you.